The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Trouble with Spaces and Multiple OmniFocus Windows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I have two windows open, both on different spaces, and I then go to edit something, the window I moved to another space will usually pop over to the other space where I originally opened OmniFocus. So then both windows will now reside on the same space.

Does anyone else see that issue? Can it be resolved?

I am using the latest version of Snow Leopard on a MacBook Pro with an extra monitor attached. I work with 9 Spaces.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Just wondering if you have OF assigned to a space in the Spaces panel; also do you have the "When switching to an application..." option checked?

I did not have OF assigned to a space; however, I did have the "When switching to an application..." option checked.

All seems good. Thanks!

That option ends up causing me trouble. I go through phases of of using Spaces and then turning it off. It's too bad because if it worked perfectly with all applications, I would use it all the time.

I use spaces religiously .. probably because of my Linux background. I wrote a blog post on how I use it a few months back: http://www.thinkingserious.com/2009/...ty-on-the-mac/

Your blog post doesn't list Office applications. Always causing Spaces trouble. I suspect this is why you can use Spaces religiously and I use it like a lapsed Catholic. :)

Do you mean Microsoft Office applications, iWork or Open Office?

I do use iWork regularly now and it does not seem to cause issues.

BTW, after your suggested "fix" things seem a bit more stable, but sadly the bug still happens occasionally.

MS Office. Usually creates more trouble than its worth under Spaces, at least in my experience. Not pointing fingers...