The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniGraffle for iPad is $49.95? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
First, I was also a bit skeptical about the price. Perhaps this is a result of the 'dollar menu' economy we have grown accustom to in the App Store? I digress...

This is serious software folks! It's not a toy. Also comparing Omni's pricing strategy to that of Apple and Adobe is simply flawed. They are a small group with a very niche set of products. Again, I understand that we are taking a leap of faith - however, it's my belief that OmniGroup has a proven track record of quality software and excellent customer care.

If you cannot justify the $50 then you likely do not use this software in a professional manner where the cost could be justified in even a few successful projects. I'm a User Experience Designer...I have my head down in OG 70% of the day. My employer did not fund my iPad nor the purchase of this software, I bought it as a personal investment in my productivity.

Today during a brainstorming session I put it to the test - in a situation where I would normally paper sketch a wireframe. By the end of the hour I had an almost fully fleshed out wireframe and emailed the PDF to the other team members before they got back tot their desks. And later in the day I cleaned it up and added annotations on my desktop.

Sure, it wasn't the easiest - as I am still getting accustomed to the interface and conventions. However - it worked!

I have total faith this software will only get better! I understand it was developed exclusively on a desktop with no knowledge of the hardware constraints nor the usability aspects that can only be truly realized after using them in the intended environment.

Off topic: this is the longest message I have typed yet on the iPad and it too was a pleasure :)

Onward and upward OmniGroup... I cannot wait until the next, more refined update!