The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Setting default view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For some reason, every time I access OmniFocus (from the dock) after closing the window, the window opens in Planning mode (which is OK), but shows only inbox and one subfolder in the Library (which is not OK). I have to manually click on "Show all" or go to Perspectives > Revert to default view to see all my tasks. I have no idea how to change it so that it shows the entire task hierarchy upon opening.

I think the trick is to set up OF's screen to the view you want as a default, then exit OF, not just close the window. Now invoke it and you should get that view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
I think the trick is to set up OF's screen to the view you want as a default, then exit OF, not just close the window. Now invoke it and you should get that view.
Yes, that solves it, thanks. However, it is not the most clever behavior. My Omnifocus starts upon booting and stays on all the time. If it remembers the last view before the program exit, I really do not understand by which stream of logic it makes sense to forget the last view when you close the last window and again show the view from before the last exit when you open the program window again :S

Axial: I agree this is a bug, not a feature. Please make sure to email our ninjas about this (omnifocus@omnigroup.com) so that it gets properly logged as a bug report and is repaired in a future release.