The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

sequential project, due date don't work well together Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Here's what I want to do:

I have a repeating project with sequential actions inside of it. When it triggers, I would like to see it in my "today" perspective, which is set to show flagged and due-soon actions.

Problem is, if the project has a due date, all of its children have an (inherited) due date, and are therefore displayed en masse in this perspective -- I don't want to see them all, just the next one -- that's why I set the project to sequential!

If I remove the due date, the project only enables the first action, as appropriate, but then it doesn't show up in my "today" perspective.

So, maybe there are two potential routes:
- how to get tame the behavior of inherited due date + sequential project (this actually seems like a bug to me)
- how to i get a slightly more expanded "today" perspective, which will also show, for instance, next actions.

The basic idea is that I want a concise view of stuff that's important. Since flags and due dates don't seem to work the way I'd expect with sequential projects, I'd hope there's some other way.

Thanks!
Jeremy