The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project Management Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need a project management module. I enjoy using Omnifocus and I don't think anything needs to change with it. OF works on an individual level. I would like something that would work with OF on a company level that would start jobs, assign project numbers and maybe keep time. Possibly even a CRM.

The way I see it is that I could open a job and assign people to it. Those jobs would open in Omnifocus and then individuals linked to this would be able to assign their own action lists and then maybe apply time that would sync back to the master job. All billing and accounting would happen in Quickbooks.

I currently use Workamajig and am happy with it but it is overkill for my small company. I have also been using Basecamp some and it just feels incomplete in a way. There is so much more that could be added to it to make it an outstanding program. Also, with a monthly fee, everytime I add on something like Harvest my monthly costs would keep going up.

This is just a wish but by posting it maybe it will come true. I would be interested to see how others handle their workflow with Omnifocus.

Maybe you will find phpprojekt usefull. It is a CRM for all needs of Projektmanagement but in addition it is an Action- and Joblist, Timeplanner and HelpDesk or whatever a module you will use. You don't have to use them all, only that ones, that will suit you.

Go here: phpprojekt

Hi Shawn,

It is true that Basecamp doesn't cover everything you need for doing business. It does really just project collaboration.

But due to its interoperability there are a lot of apps out there which are filling the gaps (billing, time tracking, source code hosting, ...).
You're right. The monthly bills will go up with every app you add. But it's up to you which ones you need, which account type you need, how long you need them, etc. You have a broader range of choices than if you go just with one all-in-one solution which does everything a bit.

I must admit that I'm a bit biased. I recently built a little app which synchronizes OmniFocus with Basecamp. And it fits perfectly into my workflow of keeping all my tasks (private and business) offline inside OmniFocus and sharing parts (mostly business things) of it by using Spootnik (my little app) over Basecamp with others.

-
Lars

Lars,

I am glad you mentioned Spootnik. I bookmarked it just the other day and had planned to go out and give it a shot. I'll try to do that soon. It is great that developers such as yourself are looking at ways of integrating OmniFocus with other programs such as Basecamp.

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I'm glad you're liking the idea.

Best regards,
Lars

I am loving Spootnik + Basecamp + OF at the moment!