The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't seem to have the customized printing described by others here. Am I missing some printing driver or service?

Also, how do you zoom in or zoom out of a period of time in the Gantt chart?

What is the customized printing you're referring to? I can't see why you wouldn't have it, but maybe you don't know the right place to look for it.

As for zooming on the Gantt chart, click on the little magnifying glass with a + in the middle at the upper right hand corner of the chart, and you'll get a menu that allows you to customize the scope of the view.

Thanks for the help with my scale question. I get a simplified print dialog. The help file seems to describe a Omniplan page in the print dialog settings pulldown that I don't have:
(Quote)
Select OmniPlan from the pop-up menu to see OmniPlan's print options.
You can print the task view or the resource view, whichever one is open in the main window. You can then choose whether to print the outline, the chart, or both. (from the Omniplan help file)

Maybe I"m missing some system software? 10.5.4 and Omniplan 1.6
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Williams View Post
Thanks for the help with my scale question. I get a simplified print dialog. The help file seems to describe a Omniplan page in the print dialog settings pulldown that I don't have:
(Quote)
Select OmniPlan from the pop-up menu to see OmniPlan's print options.
You can print the task view or the resource view, whichever one is open in the main window. You can then choose whether to print the outline, the chart, or both. (from the Omniplan help file)

Maybe I"m missing some system software? 10.5.4 and Omniplan 1.6
Brian
Ah, let me guess, your print dialog looks something like this?

Click on that triangle at the end of the first line and you'll get the more fully-featured version, which includes the OmniPlan options.

(click on the images for full-sized versions)

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2008-08-20 at 11:54 AM..

[Our users are too awesome. Your answer was better and faster than mine.]

You are talking about printing, aren't you? Because I don't have those drop down print options either! Just a standard print dialogue box.

...It's annoying as hell not to be able to get a nice long print of the timeline across several pages to stick to my wall.

What could be wrong??? ...I purchased OmniPlan today. Using it with latest Tiger.

Yes, we're talking about printing. Reread my post above for illustrations. If you are only getting the first dialog box shown, click on the little triangle to get the full dialog box. Then select OmniPlan from the selector that lets you choose Copies, Paper size, etc. There you will see all the OmniPlan options. Most applications do this for their specialized printing options.