The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New task will be forgotten because I'm implementing it the wrong way Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Please help me. I'm stuck with lost tasks because I'm implementing OF and GTD the wrong way.

Situation: A new task popups in my head. This task belongs to "Project X".
What happens is that I bring up the Quick Entry dialogue, and put the task in Project X, because there is where it belongs.

My problem is that this will now be a lost task. Because I never look into Project X, the task will be forgotten until I accidentally look in Project X.

How are you supposed to not forget these things, if you don't put them in the Inbox? Is this why we need to do Reviews? Or should you wait to assign a project until you look at the task in the Inbox?

Any advise appreciated.