The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Importing and scheduling tasks... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does any one do this currently?

I have a print company and I am so pleased with omnifocus I bought omniplan for projects, then realised I can plan the work for my presses by exporting the jobs list (including estimated press time and delivery date) from my MIS system and dragging them around in omniplan, it works well

BUT!!!

Is there a way I can stop tasks being duplicated? I can export all the jobs from my MIS but unless I go through and tick each individual box I cant be sure I wont have duplicates, I hoped some one may be able to tell me if this is possible?

Thanks

Alan
(UK)

Ok I will take that as a resounding no!

I'll confess to not quite understanding your question/situation. How are you getting duplicates? Is this because you can only get a list of all the jobs from your MIS system?

Exactly! Even if I were to discriminate, I wouldn't want to re-plan jobs for which I had already allocated resources, dates etc.
So I was hoping to find a way to update the tasks if you like, just adding the new ones.
Alan

Last edited by Alan B; 2009-05-21 at 03:46 AM..

Can't you get your MIS system to only spit out the things you've entered since the last time you pulled a report to import into OmniPlan? Or at least dump them in chronological order, and then you slice off the part you've already entered?

I will have a play with it (the MIS system) and see if I can, I just had in mind an easy way to dump in a fresh csv file and let OF decide which it needed to update, thought I realise perhaps not quite what it was designed for.....
Thanks
Alan