The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multiple OF windows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I found last night when I closed the window (not the application) and this morning when I did so again that I had a lot of OmniFocus windows. I don't know why this is and trying to replicate and proven unsuccessful, until now when I closed the one window and then clicked on the OmniFocus dock icon and found it opened eight windows (with the top showing full screen).

I am in Context mode with seven contexts in the Contexts folder, and there are six more sub-contexts within these. Minimising all applications except Omnifocus showed me these are separate windows, not tabs or something similar.

Does someone know what causes a new window to open in the background? I haven't seen a new OF window open in the foreground.

Do you have perspectives set to open in new windows? Are you pressing Command-N thinking it creates a new task but it creates a new window?

I think I missed something too . Where do you tell perspectives not to open in new windows ? I don't want this behavior either.

thanks !

I have exactly the same problem. I think started with a new download.

It's buried. In the Perspectives window, click the little down arrow in the bottom margin (fourth icon in).

Curt

Thanks Curt ! and I think I've found a bug [reported ] because none of my perspectives were set to " open in new window "

Can someone else that's having this issue check and see if you have any set to " open in new window " ?

UPdate .. very interesting behavior , since I opened the perspectives window to check on the setttings and closed it ..the behavior went away ?

Does opening the prefs window for perspectives refresh the settings ??

Last edited by ext555; 2007-11-25 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: discovered new data with this issue .

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Perspectives. Single-click on a Project in the left-hand sidebar, it shows up in the right-hand window; double-click, it shows up in a new window.