The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

make OF action out of current emacs buffer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK, Thanks to Curt and some of the code on this board, I hacked together a quick emacs script to note the current emacs buffer and make a new action. Comments welcome. No doubt my elisp is horrible...

Code:
(defun sendOmni () 
  (interactive)
  (let ((fname (buffer-file-name (current-buffer))))
	(do-applescript (concat "tell front document of application \"OmniFocus\" 
                set aTask to (make new inbox task with properties {name:\"From Emacs " 
				(buffer-name (current-buffer)) "\", note:\"file:///" fname "  \" })
                    tell note of aTask
		      make new file attachment with properties {file name:\"" fname "\"}
	            end tell
             end tell"))
	))
;; I use F3 for omnifocus clipping...
(global-set-key [f3] 'sendOmni)

Nice work. Fun to see some eLisp on the forum!

Curt

Thanks Curt. Though I have to say the experience of mashing together these two languages, perverse in such diametrically opposite ways, has been exhausting!

I found your example a really useful jumping off point. I wanted to do something a bit different, which was be able to select a region in emacs and have it pop up in the OmniFocus Quick Entry window to add a new task. More details about why I wanted to do that can be found here: http://timprouty-tech.blogspot.com/2...rom-emacs.html

Here's the code:
Code:
(defun omniQuickEntry (beg end)
  (interactive "r")
  (do-applescript (concat
		   "tell front document of application \"OmniFocus\"
			tell quick entry
			    make new inbox task with properties {name:\""
		   	        (buffer-substring beg end) "\"}
			    activate
			    select {inbox task 1}
			end tell
		    end tell")
	))

(global-set-key "\C-c\C-o" 'omniQuickEntry)