The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pomodoro app and Omnifocus are a perfect couple! -help with applescript needed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
And a variant which sorts the tasks by flagged status and due date, and lists tasks (with due dates) under project headings.
RobTrew (or anyone else with SQL request ability) ~ is there a quick way you could explain the way to get available task in certain contexts from the database. I have tried relentlessly to do this on my own, but the SQL database is not playing nice. I can get available tasks, but it also includes some projects with it.

I was hoping you could at least point me in the right direction.

Some of the records in the task table are projects, and some are action groups.

You can filter out the former with the condition:
Code:
projectInfo is null
and the latter with:
Code:
childrenCount=0
It may be helpful to study the sqlite query examples in the Quick Stats for OmniFocus script, which can be opened in the Applescript Editor.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-07-01 at 11:13 PM..

Quote:
Some of the records in the task table are projects, and some are action groups.

You can filter out the former with the condition:
Code:
projectInfo is null
and the latter with:
Code:
childrenCount=0
It may be helpful to study the sqlite query examples in the Quick Stats for OmniFocus script, which can be opened in the Applescript Editor.

--
Thanks RobTrew! Will give it a new shot!

UPDATE: Worked perfectly! Now on to writing an AS to complete the task.

Last edited by uscmeche; 2011-07-03 at 02:34 PM..

How would I change this script to use Start date instead of Due date? I'm new to Apple Script so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker View Post
How would I change this script to use Start date instead of Due date?
effectiveDateDue --> effectiveDatetoStart

Awesome, thanks for your prompt reply.

Will this work with the .31 Alpha release? Or just the full version from the app store? If so, do I install the script just like it says in post #5? When I opened the package, there is no OF script in there. Should I just create a script with Robtrew's code and drop it in there?

Or do I attach the script using the script menu in the preferences of the app, perhaps attaching it to the "start" action?

KS

Yes, Post 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
When I opened the package, there is no OF script in there.
Within the Pomodoro application package, look in the Resources folder of the Contents subfolder.

Quote:
Yes, Post 5.

Within the Pomodoro application package, look in the Resources folder of the Contents subfolder.
I just went ahead and bought the app store version. While the Alpha version does have a resources folder there is no file in it called getToDoListFromOmniFocus.applescript

So there's nothing to replace or edit. Perhaps you can put a file with that name in there. But I'm not sure if the program has been modified to read that script, as it had no preference in the preferences relating to GTD like version 1.3.5 from the app store does.

I just got the version of Pomodoro from the App Store recently - and I do find the files in
Code:
/Applications/Pomodoro.app/Contents/Resources
The files are locked, so I can't easily edit them (ended up using su vim - that worked ;-) ).

One question, though: Is there away to remove the "25 minutes Pomodoro" from the iCal entries? As they are in a Pomodoros calendar that's a bit redundant. I looked for a script that writes the Pomodoros to iCal but it seems that's done in some other way - at least I wasn't able to find any script that indicated it wrote to iCal.

EDIT: Ooops, RTFM - http://pomodoro.ugolandini.com/pages...-calendar.html

Last edited by jashan; 2011-08-31 at 12:28 PM..