The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Variables in Omnigraffle 5.x? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I see in the Document Data Inspector fields for Version, Subject, Authors, etc. Are these actual variables or just data for Spotlight? I'd love these to be accessible via a variable call as my Mac OS X username is not what I necessarily want for the Creator. Anyone know?

Those are only Spotlight information for the time being, but what you say makes sense, so off to see about filing requests for these.

I want this too! This would be a great way to update variables across many canvases in addition to shared layers.

I put a docID and version in each of my technical notes and it would be nice if I could just insert variables for these, especially since they are right there in the document inspector.

Often there will be more than one layer (first page, other pages) where I use the same data but in different locations with different fonts.

So I'm adding my vote for this feature.

You're only reliably adding a vote if you send it in with Help->Send Feedback or email to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You're only reliably adding a vote if you send it in with Help->Send Feedback or email to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com
Okay, I've got the occasional new feature request, so that's where they'll go from now on. Thanks.