The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stencil question / feature request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This might be a feature request unless I am missing something.

One of the problems with the stencil view is that a shape may be small and appear really tiny in the green grid view in the stencil library.

First, why not scale up each stencil item so that it fits the big green square? Then you can identify the shape easily.

Second, the name that appears in the text box below the stencil grid view prominently says Rectangle or Group. This is not terribly useful. It would be nicer to see user defined names in the bold font like Star, Plus Sign, Valve or whatever.

I have found that I can attach a note and set a keyword pair like Name, "Plus Sign", and that this appears when the mouse hovers. That's okaayy... but really, I think being able to just name a stencil item would be easier and most importantly, making that name Prominent would be really helpful.