The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

lost files in Outliner file package Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have a student that used the 'show package contents' on an Omni Outliner file. They saved files to this package. When they saved the Omni Outliner file, all of those files inside the package were lost.

What does Omni Outliner do with those files? do they get permanently erased? They don't get sent to the trash as far as we can tell, but we'd like to recover them.

Hi Anson-

I apologize your student lost their files. You should never place additional files inside the OO file package. When the file is saved in OmniOutliner, it creates a separate file that is the new version and overwrites the old one. This is how OS X handles file packges. Since the addition files inserted aren't known to OmniOutliner, it doesn't copy them over.

The best suggestion I can give you is to try a data recovery program to search for lost and deleted files.

If I can be of anymore help, please let me know.

--
Derek M.
Support Engineer
The Omni Group

Last edited by DerekM; 2006-12-15 at 01:27 PM..

Spam via thread necromancy. Creative, but still bad. Post deleted.

If you are looking for data recovery software then you can try Stellar Phoenix Windows Data recovery software. It has helped me in recovery my data from software malfunction. Hope it does provide you some help.