The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New page size Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is a minor annoyance, but when OG creates a new page, it's an odd and small size instead of opening to the screen area. This means that every time I start a new project, I have to manually drag the size to larger area to get started. Is there any way to override the default?

OG makes a new page using its default template. If you open the Template Chooser (File menu) you can see the templates that OG provides and any that you've created. A template defines the window size, among other things. As I recall, OG's default deafult template does not have a full-size window.

In the template chooser, click New Template and and then set it up the way you'd like to see new pages in general. You can set window size, scale, canvas size, diagram layout, graphical elements, whatever. Save it with an appropriate name. (It will be saved to OGs template folder in ~Library/Application/Support/The Omni Group.)

Once you've got your new template in the chooser, select it there and click "Set as Default."