The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's the best replacement for calendar syncing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Interesting to see You mention my favorite tools, wilsonng, I actually was buying busycal for exactly that job...

Since I moved my calendars to iCloud (had some trust issues with google) they disappeared from the OmniFocus selection menu... so I'm fine living with the "extra" Calendar that is synced from Caldav- the moment I check cal I stumble over these entries and take them into account while planning...

when it comes to tasks and bigger projects NOTHING beats OF, that way we're kinda spoiled when looking for alternatives.... I personally can't wait for OF2 to appear, since week view planning right now lives in a medicore perspective in OF and does not by far stretches compare to the overview I have on my iPad/iPhone...

My basic feature demand is synchronisation over my three planning hubs: Mac (home/work), ipad, iphone... this developed into a reliable and trusted system for me and I deeply enjoy the ease and security omni is serving there- absolutely priceless... of course I tried Things (very goodlooking- no sync) and Pocket Informant (great integration of calendar & task management on iOS/Android/Blackberry, but no sync to OF)... so these would be mobile options- but there's no complete solution like OF...

@marisa: BusyCal is able to synchronize your calendars to any other calendar, check out the documentation as it might be able to get your cals out to exchange/outlook on your PC...

cheers, mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
I don't really like to schedule tasks - mostly block out a time that I deemed as closed because I intend to sit down and work on my tasks. My colleagues know that I've blocked off my Monday and Wednesday afternoons for my project work and not bother me with "emergencies."
ahahaha, right, me neither.... BUT on the other hand without the pressure far less is getting done over here... sometimes I simply need to use force to convince me of dilligence...

You got any strategy for that up your sleeve, huh? Supposedly a change of mind....

I remember reading a blog post about one lady who had a red cap on. She told her co-workers that if she had her red cap on, it made her feel focused on whatever she was doing.

It was her signal to tell others "uh-oh... she's got her thinking cap on. Don't bother her."

I know that we often get overwhelmed with our tasks and hope that we can find some way that some software tool will better manage our system. Sometimes we just have to limit the flow of information and the flow of demands. The only thing we can do is try to set a pattern of behaviors. Some may call you quirky or weird but they'll soon catch on and let you have your odd behavior.

It suits me fine now that I don't get bothered as much.

Sometimes pressure is good but other times it can detrimental to your productivity and health. Everyone else thinks that their stuff they're giving you is the most important thing in the world and everyone else can just shove it.