The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search all tasks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to search all tasks and not just tasks in the current context or project view?

Martin

Last edited by MacMacken; 2010-10-24 at 04:46 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMacken View Post
Is there any way to search all tasks and just tasks in the current context or project view?
One approach would be to add searches like the following to the main menu of Where in OF

tasks where (name of its containing project contains <txt1>) and (its name contains <txt2>)

tasks where (name of its context contains <txt1>) and (its name contains <txt2>)

tasks where name contains <txt>

(When you select one of these searches from the menu, you will be prompted for the values of <txt> etc.)

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 06:49 AM..

Hey I'm a total OF newb but this is a really useful script. Thank you!

It would be nice if OF had a built in Mac like "Spotlight" search so you could quickly find any task without too many steps. The context sensitivity is really great also so maybe there could be a toggle like in Finder. Just brainstorming here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammonro View Post
Hey I'm a total OF newb but this is a really useful script. Thank you!

It would be nice if OF had a built in Mac like "Spotlight" search so you could quickly find any task without too many steps. The context sensitivity is really great also so maybe there could be a toggle like in Finder. Just brainstorming here...
It sure would. I've been asking for this for a couple years now.

Right now the box isn't a "search." It's a "filter."

I would also like to have a better search in OF. So I did a Send Feedback from the Help menu, and I got this reply:

"One of the factors that determines what we add to OmniFocus is the number of people that are requesting a given change, so thanks for requesting this. We really value your support!"

So, all of you that want this, please send your feedback to OF about it!

FWIW, my inquiry looked like this:
Quote:
Hello guys!

The search function in OF must improve. I constantly search for things that I know I have put in OF, and it takes a lot of time to find it.

Suggestion:
When pressing Search, present a list with the found items together with their Projects/Context and status.

Please make a solution for this! :)

Best regards,
Andreas Carlsson, Sweden