The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Braces, Brackets, Curlies Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm looking for some stencils that look like Braces or Brackets or Curlies. Any tips?

L

I'm looking for the same thing... anyone have any ideas?

I can't believe these are left out of OmniGraffle...

I have used fonts for that purpose and it works quite well...

Take a look at the font family "Hiragino" that offers a few variations, even three characters that fit together on top of each other to create very large sizes: ???

you can have them as only characters in a text box that you can rotate as needed and just play with the font size to achieve what you want...

You may even be able to create a .PNG that would be graphically resizeable, though I haven't tried that...

Actually this is a cross-post as I responded the above already...

However the OS X Character Palette offers many font choices and if you export from OG to EPS or PDF and then pull them back in with "Place Image..." they appear to scale just fine!

If you know or are willing to learn a little latex, LaTeXiT is free and can make nice equations or parts (brackets, etc.)

See: http://ktd.club.fr

DDMMDDMM

Here's an easy way to do curlies, using straight line drawing and adding some corner radius. The trick is to create 2 points at the tip, so it stays sharp.
Check it out:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-04-04 at 10.14.44 AM.png
Views:	19335
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1338  

Thank you Avalot, that was helpful! :)