The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No syncing mobileme Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I set up OmniFocus to sync the iphone app, desktop machine and laptop a few days ago and it worked brilliantly. I'm syncing with MobileMe.

I'm now having a problem where my laptop just refuses to sync. If I start a sync it greys out the panel and never syncs. If I hit reset the panel then stays grey until I quit OmniFocus and restart.

I've tried everything I can think of, rebuilding and reverting to a back up, entering the idisk settings again, reinstalled the app, checked I can connect to the idisk.

Any ideas?

Leanda

I am having the same issue. I was syncing just fine between two desktops and my iPhone 3G. Now the phone appears to sync but the desktops just keep grinding that sync wheel around and around.

I've also noticed that even though my phone appears to be syncing the file modification date on iDisk is a few days old.

Hi Leanda

I may have found a solution. I put the idisk.mac.com/user/Documents in my Safari and noticed it didn't work. I changed mac for me and it worked.

Please note that I am experimenting and that I have no idea if this work around will fall over in the future. You do this entirely at you own risk.
  1. Manually type in the contents of your iPhone OF to your Mac one (as you are going to reset the phone one) if your iPhone is the most currect database.
  2. Open you IDisk and delete out the OmniFocus.omnifocus database.
  3. Reset your "Sync" options on your Mac OF.
  4. Amend the Location field in the sync options from idisk.mac.com/... to idisk.me.com/... (NB: This makes it a WebDav sync NOT an iDisk one - which might mean problems as yet unencountered by me).
  5. Sync your Mac OF.
  6. Setup your phone as before but note that it will be setup for a WebDAV not iDisk and ask for your MobileMe sign on).

I hope this works, and helps.

Yes, that worked!

Bit strange though that it did work a few days ago using the normal idisk settings. Hopefully it's something that will get ironed out.

Thanks!