The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Does this solve WiFi Synching? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not familiar enough with the details to be comfortable giving any specific timeframe, other than it should be coming sooner rather than later. It still needs a lot of testing, whatever fixes are required based on the testing, and (for most uses) a sync-up with a release for the phone.

We are doing some things to improve syncing performance, but there are some bottlenecks (basic app launch time being one of them - I think the fastest any app on my phone launches is about 2.5 - 3 seconds) and a lot of the slowdowns have to do with clients that aren't syncing often, or changes coming from multiple clients, etc. - things that require more work to handle rather than actually spending time passing data around. Those things aren't going to be sped much by local wifi syncing. (But as I said, we're working on improving those issues, which will hopefully make things better for everyone.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhassell View Post
While I agree with you, the loading and syncing of the iPhone app (on my 2G phone) is so painfully slow (even over wifi, forget about over the air) I would love to have the wifi as an alternate option.

I have a 3.2MB file on my Mac, and the directory on my Bluehost server is 5.2MB. Not sure if that is normal or large -- what are other people's file sizes and sync experiences?
A 3.2 MB file does sound big, unless you have lots of attached files or images. A lot of people keep thousands of actions in a few hundred KB. It sounds like something isn't going smoothly with your syncing and you should contact our ninjas (omnifocus@omnigroup.com) to get your file slimmed down properly.