The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Leopard... No productivity (to do management) improvements? Really? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I might be suffering from shock and disappointment, but I can't really believe it. From the creators of some of the most amazing software, I don't get why they have so little understanding of some of the most basic needs for a productivity tool. It's all cool with fun and play, but every now and then I have to work, and certainly iCal and Mail's to do management does not make it any easier. I'm hoping someone will show me that I missed most of the things I am actually looking for, and that they are there.

For example:
-No views in mail to manage the To Dos?
-No filtering? What if I want to only see some of the calendars and not all of them?
-Once completed they remain in there?
-Needless to say, we still have not seen a simple feature: synch to dos with iPhone!!!

Really... someone please give me some context to understand why there seems to be so little attention dedicated to any kind of support to greater productivity.

Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, are you disappointed with OS X, Mail, iCal, OmniFocus?

A totally new Par-a-digum with Mail/Todos/Linked Emails.

Time for OmniGroup to get on it.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, are you disappointed with OS X, Mail, iCal, OmniFocus?
I was venting... I thought if any audience, this one can understand me. Just to be very clear, I am disappointed with OS 10.5 to do functionality. The more I use them the less I like them.

Beyond venting, I thought that perhaps this audience has ideas and a positive spin on how to use the new 'functionality'.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchohs View Post
how to use the new 'functionality'.
I also would like to figure out how to get to-dos from mail to OF.

I can see that the mail to-dos automatically appear in iCal, but when I tried to "Sync with iCal" in OF, I received an error message: "Unable to push calendars". I have read that others have been getting the same message for a while.

In any event, I don't want to send all of my OF actions to iCal. What I want to do is move the new iCal to-do to OF.

Any ideas? Other than drag and drop, or copy and paste.

Last edited by dhm2006; 2007-10-27 at 01:28 PM..

Smart mailboxes are the solution to filtering in mail. At least for now.

In omnifocus I had created a context (calendar) for my workplace, and a sub-folder (calendar) for each of my staff. Using smart mailboxes I can filter to view only incomplete ToDos and then I can filter by calendar. I can also filter by due date.

The one problem I am having is that Mail gives you the option to create Smart Mailbox Folders, but Mail will not let me put my Smart Mailboxes in the folders. So I cannot hide certain ones until I need them. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
I can see that the mail to-dos automatically appear in iCal, but when I tried to "Sync with iCal" in OF, I received an error message: "Unable to push calendars". I have read that others have been getting the same message for a while.
I am also having this issue. Though, it is entirely strange because when I first installed Leapord, it wasn't a problem.

Sync to iCal is flaky and buggy and was acknowledged as such. It's apparently undergoing a major overhaul right now.

This is beta software, so when things don't work right, it's certainly possible they're not finished :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Sync to iCal is flaky and buggy and was acknowledged as such. It's apparently undergoing a major overhaul right now.

This is beta software, so when things don't work right, it's certainly possible they're not finished :-)
I guess I haven't been reading the forum closely, especially today as I install Leopard on several Macs, but when did OF reach "beta"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post

Not to be picky, but it is alpha software and surprisingly stable alpha software at that.

As you point out, however, a number of things are works in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
I guess I haven't been reading the forum closely, especially today as I install Leopard on several Macs, but when did OF reach "beta"?
Not yet, but hopefully soon.