The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Workflow for website design Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm wondering how many people out there are using OG as a website design tool and in particular what sort of workflow you've developed to make the prototype as useful as possible to the person creating the actual HTML/etc. Best I've come to so far is to just export a .psd file but then my photoshop artist pretty much ends up re-creating a lot of things related to the placement of text (not to mention fonts and fontsizes), etc. Actually it's even worse than that since they have to completely re-type any text by hand. Is there a better way to do any of this? I suppose exporting to .pdf files would at least preserve the text as a text entity as opposed to converting it to an image map? Multiple .pdf's on a per-layer basis? Is there a translator that does a better job? Export to Visio and use some additional translator on THAT file?

Any thoughts/ramblings/musings would be greatly appreciated!