The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

omnifocus:/// url for Inbox? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

In my daily review, I have an action to process my inbox and would like to add a url (e.g. omnifocus:///) in the notes for the inbox to quickly jump to this.

Anyone know what the link for this is? I can't work it out. I do link to perspectives e.g. omnifocus:///perspective/Today but don't know what the equivalent is for the inbox...

Thanks

Anyone?

omnifocus:///Perspective/Inbox should work...

Doesn't seem to work for me... Other perspectives do....

You did capitalize "Inbox", right? Perspective names are case-sensitive... I would check that you've still got an Inbox perspective, and that you're spelling it the same way in the perspective URL as it is in the Perspectives window.

I just created a completely new account with OmniFocus 1.8.2 and verified that clicking on omnifocus:///Perspective/Inbox created a new Inbox window, so it should be possible to get it working for you, too.

Yes I got it working on the Mac - but not on the iPhone...

I've experimented with creating a fresh inbox perspective but given that the iPhone only seems to like context-based perspectives, I can't seem to quite re-create the inbox view per se....

Sorry for the confusion. The default Inbox perspective is a Project-mode perspective, so it's not going to be compatible with the iOS apps for the time being.

(If you haven't already, email the support ninjas and ask to be attached to the feature request open on Project-mode perspectives there.)