The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is there a way to control what appears in a growl notification? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So far, OmniFocus has been a great asset to me and my business. I'm looking forward to seeing the program grow to include more specific functionality and controls instead of tweaking it with workarounds.

Speaking of control, is there any way to control the output of a growl notification? I don't bother adding the Project name to the action within a project (who would?), however when the action's growl notification appears, I don't know/can't remember which Project that action is part of because only the action is displayed; there's no reference to the Project they're associated with.

Thank you for your responses!

~EdnaMode
"You can't! It's impossible! I'm far too busy, so ask me now before I can become sane."

If you want to see what project it came from, just click on the OmniFocus icon in the notification; OmniFocus will put up a new window focused on the project that contains the item.

Thanks for your response. That is a viable way to find out what project the growl is for. There are two things about utilizing your suggestion:

First, I've got my growl settings to not stay on the desktop because of limited viewing space; messages appear for 5 seconds, just enough time for me to glance at it.

Second, most of the times when the growl appears, I'm up to my neck in something else. Interrupting the flow of my work just to click on a growl reminder seems a bit much.

Is there any way that the project AND action information can both appear within the growl without the need for extra steps?