The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Replacing Objects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I feel like I have been here before but I just can't remember ... Is there a simple way to replace every instance of object X with object Y?

I know I can select all instances of object X with the Selection Inspector, ... but then what?

Once you have the shapes all selected, twiddle* options in the Style inspector. Those changes will be applied to all the shapes. It sounds like you want to start with Style:Lines and Shapes to switch from one shape to another. Hope this helps!

* yes, "twiddle" is a technical term. ;-)

This allows me to change them into simple shapes or make little tweaks* ... but, for example, it doesn't allow me to replace all instances of our "old company logo" with our "new company logo" in a diagram.

But the suggestion you made is useful also and I didn't realize that I could do that.

Thanks

* yes "tweaks" is a technical term