The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Origin of the canvas' grid Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have created a nice grid background emulating graph paper, which works well in most drawings. I have noticed that the 'origin' of the grid is the corner of the page.

However I have a few pages where I like total symmetry - all objects to be positioned and aligned relative to the center of the page, therefore I would like my grid to be centered as well. In other words, I want the major lines to intercept on the center of the page.

Any tips on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

The grid origin is set in the Canvas>Size inspector, at the bottom of the panel. You can also drag the origin from the upper left corner, where the rulers meet.

There's no button to push to center the origin, but you could, with snap-to-grid on, center a small square on the canvas using the Alignment inspector, and then drag the origin to the center of the square. It will snap into place.