The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug with Due perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

There seems to be a bug with the "Due" perspective in OmniFocus.

If you leave OmniFocus running overnight, the "Due" perspective will not change its groupings nor its styles to recognize that you have moved into a new day. ALthough the "due date" column might change its verbage from "today" to "yesterday", nothing else changes about the "Due" perspective. It is stuck back in time. Even if you keep clicking on the "Due" button to refresh the layout, it still doesn't properly refresh its view.

The only way to work around this bug is to quit & relaunch OmniFocus every single day.

Thanks,
Scott

Have you tried switching to a different perspective, then switching back to Due?

Curt

Yes, same problem.

The 1.8 Sneaky Peek fixes some bugs related to styling of due items. I'm not sure if you're running into the same bug or not. There are some kinks to be worked out in 1.8 yet, so it's only for the adventurous. More info here.

Curt

Ooh, thanks! I didn't know about the Sneaky Peeks! I'm downloading it now! :)

I haven't tried it yet with 1.7.5, but last night I watched the clock strike midnight while in OmniFocus with a context mode window grouped by Due, and within 60 seconds, I got a brief spinning beachball, followed by an updated set of actions and groups. Are you still having the issue?

I'll have to test tonight... I'm using the sneaky peeks now. :)