The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A 'one-click Search ALL' toolbar item Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for your input, Greg and Rob.
I have restarted everything, repaired rights, and for some reason it works now (after I downloaded LB's latest nightly build). I could not say what it was, though, but I sent a log to Obdev.
Thanks again, and this is really a useful script. E.g. whenever I get someone on the phone I can jump straight to OF with all tasks related to that person showing (my most used situation, but there are of course others).

Good to hear that that is fixed.

In the meanwhile, I have updated the script in the original post so that it can optionally get its search string directly from LaunchBar, bypassing the applescript search dialog.

It also understands a couple of switches which can be added at the end of the search string, to override the defaults for search scope (remaining/all) and script behaviour (new window/existing window).
--a (Search ALL)
--r (Search REMAINING)
--nw (Display results in NEW WINDOW)
--ew (Display results in EXISTING WINDOW)
These switches can be combined, but should be separated by spaces, e.g.
<search string> --ew r
<search string> --a nw
(The switches can also be used in the applescript search dialog, and will override the search scope button choice).

Note that the defaults are set at the top of the script by the lines:
Code:
property pblnNewWin : true
property pblnDefaultRemaining : true
and can be changed by editing either or both of these to false in place of true

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2010-09-28 at 04:17 AM..

Awesome!!! Thanks, Rob!

this script used to work for me, but lately i've been getting the error "the variable oWin is not defined". any idea why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlin71 View Post
this script used to work for me, but lately i've been getting the error "the variable oWin is not defined". any idea why?
I would start by downloading a fresh copy, and checking whether the error persists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
I would start by downloading a fresh copy, and checking whether the error persists.
ah, i should have mentioned that i already tried that. what's odd is that the error only happens on some macs, not on others.

Quote:
I'm getting this as well – on two macs both running 10.6.6, and have downloaded the script from the 1st page of this thread. Does this still link to the most recent version?

This script sounds like a great idea as I currently have a 'view all' button which brings up all remaining actions in a separate window so I can do a search there – this would make the setup much cleaner, so I hope someone can get it to work for us.

TIA for any help you can give.
Kenny

Quote:
"the variable oWin is not defined"
Haven't managed to reproduce this. If you run the script from your applescript editor I wonder if you can see which line this is happening on ?

Could be a timing issue - possibly some machines would benefit from putting in a brief delay, to wait for a reference to a window to become available. I would need, however, to know where this is happening ...

Thanks to whpalmer4 for two excellent suggestions for edits to the code. I have uploaded and pasted version 1.1 to the first post in this thread.

This may, I think, fix the oWin problem, particularly for cases when the script is launched from Context view.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-03-16 at 10:45 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
…I have uploaded and pasted version 1.1 to the first post in this thread.

This may, I think, fix the oWin problem, particularly for cases when the script is launched from Context view.

--
That fixes it for me, and yes, I was running it from the Context window, which I guess is why it hadn't appeared for you before.

Thanks very much for this, looks like it's going to be very useful.