The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scripts for video tutorials Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The OMNI PRO video tutorials are terrific, but the information is presented too fast for me to follow completely. Can OMNI furnish scripts for these tutorials, available in text format, that I can download and study?

If not, what suggestions does anyone have regarding learning how to do all of the many neat tricks the presenter flashed through – almost like magic acts – on the quick screens, a la, "now you see it, now you don't."

Is there any way to slow the videos down while you are watching them? This way, maybe I could take notes.

My OMNI manual is a nice presentation, but doesn't go into much detail on how to do all of the great stuff the video shows. I searched at Amazon to see if there might be a guidebook on OMNI PRO, as published by a third-party, but could not find one.

If no such scripts or guidebooks are available, can anyone offer any tips on how best to learn how to use this outstanding program? Thanks.

There's a pause button (two vertical lines) in the controls on the bottom left of the video. Put the mouse cursor there immediately after you start it playing, and click it as needed to pause the video so you can switch over to OmniOutliner and try out the trick you just saw. Also, I think an essential part of learning the program is to actually use it—trying to absorb everything first is not likely to be successful for most people. Watch the video just trying to get a feel for how the program works, then go play around with it. Watching the video again at that point will let you absorb more knowledge. If you have a sufficiently large screen, try putting the video on one side and OmniOutliner on the other, and as Don demonstrates something, pause the video and try to replicate what he did.

Thanks for these helpful suggestions.