The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Yojimbo or Missing Sync Note & OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have gotten in the habit of writing down notes on the iPhone and "syncing" it back to Missing Sync Notes (Missing Sync for iPhone) which also can sync to Yojimbo.

Has anyone tried or written an AppleScript that could look for a note title (GTD) and throw those things into OmniFocus kind of like how the Mail app works?

BZ

I don't know anything about AppleScript, but my first thought is "Why not write the note in Mail on the iPhone since OF already has that built in?"

The problem and hassle with sending mail messages back and forth:

- You have to actually go start a new message (to, subject, etc)
- You have to ignore it in webmail (if you are looking)
- You have to be connected (doesn't work well in Subway/Plane)

I am really looking for:

iPhone -> Notes -> OF

This way I can enter in a lot of notes, tasks, etc and when I get home to sync, it pulls them into Yojimbo/Notes and an Applescript processes them into OF.

BZ

Well, I now have 1 too many organizational tools.

- OmniFocus
- Yeb (tagging PDFS)
- Yojimbo (storing notes/passwords/serials numbers)
- Mail, iCal, Addressbook
- Basecamp
- iPhone

It is a lot. Well, too much. I need to simplefy but I don't see anything I can get rid of.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Well, I now have 1 too many organizational tools.

- OmniFocus
- Yeb (tagging PDFS)
- Yojimbo (storing notes/passwords/serials numbers)
- Mail, iCal, Addressbook
- Basecamp
- iPhone

It is a lot. Well, too much. I need to simplefy but I don't see anything I can get rid of.

BZ
The PDF's could go into Yojimbo, perhaps?

JP

Problem is Yojimbo is not great at PDFs, or at least not as good as Yep, which is really good.

I am just too organized.

Plus, I can scan right in from my Fujistsu SnapScan right into Yeb, tag it up and am done.

BZ

Option 1: Wait for the OmniFocus iPhone app
Option 2: Replace Yojimbo and Yeb with DevonThink

Is DevonThink a replacement for those two?

BZ

DevonThink could do what both Yojimbo and Yeb do, yes.

Although, like everything, there is no perfect, do-it-all-for-everyone software; so you may or may not like how DevonThink approaches every fetaure that Yojimbo has, for example.

Then there's Devon Think Pro Office - I use this every day!