The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.8 sneaky peeks now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Everyone,

We enabled sneaky peeks for OmniWeb 5.8 this evening. The goal of this release is to update the version of WebKit to the latest stable release in use by Safari.

This is still a sneaky peek, there is an issue with saving credentials for a new site to the keychain that currently exists. You may crash, you may find other broken things. If you do, please let us know!

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/

Enjoy!

Awesome, unexpected on a Saturday too!

Now where the hell is OW6??? ;-) just joking!

Is there any significant performance increase with this latest webkit version? Specifically JavaScript ( i find this deplorably slow in 5.7, so much that ive disabled JS for now).

Thanks

1password doesn't work with SP 5.8 for now, but someone found a solution on the 1P forum.
Here is the tips that works.

Quote:
You can edit the SupportedBrowsers.plist (in 1Password.app/Contents/Resources) and increase the MaxBundleVersion string for OmniWeb. I changed mine to 900 and 1Password seems to work fine.

Last edited by sangheeta; 2008-06-10 at 10:06 AM..

Yay! I have 1Password again. I hate having to use Camino instead because something in OW isn't working: not that there's anything wrong with Camino, but it's just not in the same class with Omniweb. ;)

Thanks a heap, sangheeta. :D