The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Missing Sidebar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been adding lots of projects and relying on OF. All of a sudden my left sidebar in Planning mode is gone! How can I get it back to the default window setting? I'm using 1.01. It's still showing in Context mode but NOT Planning mode. Help!

Got it. I had just dragged the left border of the right hand window to the left inadvertantly and obscured the sidebar. There should be a simple way to fix this with a menu selection perhaps under "Window". I'm sensitive to intuitiveness things. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellsworth View Post
There should be a simple way to fix this with a menu selection perhaps under "Window".
The simple way to hide/show the sidebar is to double-click the handle. This is pretty standard behavior in Mac OS X (although it's not available in all apps).

I guess a menu bar option is not included because hiding/showing the sidebar is considered standard UI chrome handled with the aforementioned double-click, just like showing/hiding the toolbar is done with the lozenge in the upper right rather than with a menu bar option.

OTOH, some apps do provide key combinations (and menu items) for toggling both the sidebar and the toolbar. The rules don't seem very clear cut.