The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google Safe Browsing in OmniWeb? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One of my clients had his website hacked -- an unsavory hidden <iframe> was added to the index.html page in every directory. It wasn't totally hidden because the hacker foolishly specified a 25 pixel height, which added a blank space at the top of each hacked page.

When I first noticed the page layout problem, I opened the site in Firefox and was greeted with a scary red page:
Reported Attack Site!

This web site at domainname.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
This alert comes from the Google Safe Browsing service integrated into Firefox.

(I quickly changed the client's FTP password and cleaned the site. Google eventually got around to rescanning the site and removing it from the attack list.)

My searching shows that Google Safe Browsing is available in Firefox and may have been available in some Safari releases. I found no mention of OmniWeb.

Is there a way to hook OmniWeb into Google Safe Browsing? If not, I'll open a thread in OmniWeb Feature Requests.

-- Ward

Last edited by Ward; 2009-07-23 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: fix typo

This is something I'd like to see us support in the future but it is not currently available at the moment.

I've reposted a slightly modified request in OmniWeb Feature Requests. Please use that thread for further discussion.

Forum moderators should feel free to delete the thread from this forum.

-- Ward