The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
washingtonpost.com problem... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, as a new user of OmniWeb, I am very frustrated that I can't seem to load one of my favorite sites, http://www.washingtonpost.com/, in OmniWeb, whereas it works fine in other browsers. Whenever I try it, it says, "Cannot load address...the network connection was lost". Again, I don't have this trouble anywhere else.

With peace,

Henry
 
Hi Henry,

Washington Post works okay for me, though I know our support ninjas regularly see people with problems here. Try turning off the "Request web pages in my preferred languages(s)" preference found in the Languages site preferences for Washington Post.

I think this was suspected to be causing issues but in case it doesn't help, you'll also want to uncheck the settings in the Ad Blocking preference pane:

Matching known ad sizes
From third-party sites
From blocked URLs

Let me know how it goes, hopefully making these changes will fix the problems you're seeing.
__________________
Troy Brandt
Omni Person
 
I had the same problem. I managed to solve the problem; perhaps it will work for you. Instead of www.washingtonpost.com, I use <http://www.washingtonpost.com/?nid=top_news>. It takes me to the top of the news section.
 
I gave this a shot just to see. I too got the error initially. However, Troy's advice worked perfectly. After changing the setting in site prefs for the domain, the page loads fine.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotank View Post
I gave this a shot just to see. I too got the error initially. However, Troy's advice worked perfectly. After changing the setting in site prefs for the domain, the page loads fine.
same here.
 
I just got this same error with washingtonpost.com with this version of OW:

Product: OmniWeb-5.10
Tag:
Date: 2009-10-09 19:05:50 -0700
Builder: omnibuild
Host: tb104i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 120408
 
Weird. Same here and I normally go to the site since I'm in Wash DC!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Try turning off the "Request web pages in my preferred languages(s)" preference found in the Languages site preferences for Washington Post.
This worked for me.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
washingtonpost.com cataloger1 OmniWeb Bug Reports 3 2009-11-12 03:50 PM
The Problem With GTD SpiralOcean OmniFocus 1 for Mac 29 2008-11-17 12:55 PM
Having a problem jpathomas OmniFocus 1 for Mac 5 2008-06-15 10:31 AM
sp17: washingtonpost.com philonous OmniWeb Bug Reports 1 2006-07-11 04:22 AM
RSS 2.0 problem brentb OmniWeb Bug Reports 1 2006-05-20 11:48 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.