The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

De-mote an action group to an action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It is easy to convert an action to an action group, but how can one do the opposite?

I often find out that what I thought was an action has in fact a pre-requisite, so I add a child to it, thereby making it become an action group. Once the dependency is marked complete, however, the top level remains an action group, not an action.

This triggers issues for example if using Curt's script to check projects and action groups for missing next action. In this case the action group will be flagged as missing a next action, but in fact there is no other next action that the action group itself.

I *think* this can be done on ipad, but is there a way to do it on the mac?

Any items that are completed in an action group will keep the group a group.

If you want the action group to be an action, then move all items out of it (both completed and uncompleted). Just because you can't see an action (i.e. it's completed but you aren't showing hidden items), doesn't mean they don't exist.