The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sp 9 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Well, Sneak Peak 9, is now my default browser after almost 6 months of being shunned, it is back.

Go OmniWeb.

I would really like to OmniGroup take OmniWeb to the next level in terms of features, speed and other "Omni" stuff that only they do so well.

Hopefully OW 6.0 won't be too far away, but for now OW 5.5 is doing great.

BZ

Yes. I must say that the latest betas are a really nice change. Fast, stable, compatible with most sites. Almost seems ready for a real public release.

The only thing driving me a little batty is the number of new windows that are often spawned. Other browsers are a little more reticent to proliferate like that. I've seen some other threads about that, so I know it's on people's minds. I'm good with the cmd-w shortcut, luckily!

I'm still getting the SBB's after a day or so of use that I've been getting since SP1. :(

SP9 is the first I've had the chance to use, and it indeed rocks. It's nice to have OW back again.

Every site I've tried so far renders great, and fast. Except, of course, tv.yahoo.com, which doesn't render correctly in any Mac browser yet.

Yes. I haven't used OmniWeb in over a year. I've been using Camino only. But I have just gotten and tried SP 9 and I have to say I might be back to using OmniWeb full time again. It has some really useful features (well, 5.0 had them as well) coupled with speed and excellent rendering.

Looking good!!