The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Entering and Modifying Dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have a problem with date entry, but first of all, another kudo to the programmers--I love the way the contexts autocomplete. It's very elegant (for example, the "MacAnywhere" and "MacOnline" contexts can be distinguished by two letters, ma or mo).
The dates don't seem quite as smart to me for the following entry: when I enter two numbers, separated by a decimal or slash, I expect it to be parsed as a month and day, not a month and year. So, entering 7.29 today (on July 26th) would mean to me July 29th. Instead, it goes in as July 1, 2029. If I'm in the minority, I'll be quiet. If not, now's the time to change it.
When in the calendar entry module, if you get some crazy value (like the 7/1/29), how do you get back to today? By analogy to iCal, the center diamond should reset the entry calendar to today's date. Instead, it deletes the date from the inspector, leaving the calendar at the old month. Also, in what seems like a bug (this has gone to feedback) it's not deleted from the column, because hitting return leaves the old date.
These are minor annoyances in what is proving to be a very powerful and well-designed tool.