The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Subscribing to calendars Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi
I've just subscribed to my OF calendar on the iPhone and due items now show on my iCal app. However, if they are not actioned they don't move forward to the next day as still being due. Is there any way I can set them to do this?

Yesterday's due items disappeared at midnight on iCal and don't seem to be anywhere else in the app.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpie View Post
Hi
I've just subscribed to my OF calendar on the iPhone and due items now show on my iCal app. However, if they are not actioned they don't move forward to the next day as still being due. Is there any way I can set them to do this?
Adjust the due date in OmniFocus and sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Adjust the due date in OmniFocus and sync.
Thanks, but I don't want to have to adjust the dates, just carry forward tasks which are not completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpie View Post
Thanks, but I don't want to have to adjust the dates, just carry forward tasks which are not completed
You got your warning on the original due date. If you want another one, you need to adjust the due date. That's all that calendar is intended to do — provide notifications of impending due dates, despite the lack of a local notification facility in iOS 3. It isn't intended as a time planner or anything like that.

There is no rollover facility for due dates in OmniFocus other than changing the due date yourself. You can look at the Overdue smart folder if you want to see what items are now overdue because you didn't get them done yesterday or last year for that matter. If you had an automatic rollover of due dates, everything you have failed to get done on time would all show up as due today, so how is that an improvement on looking at the Overdue display to see what tasks you have left over from previous days (where you would at least get a sorted display by original due date)?

Sorry for the confusion here - OmniFocus for iPhone exports information to a format that iCal can import, but the export is only updated when the information changes in OmniFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If you had an automatic rollover of due dates, everything you have failed to get done on time would all show up as due today, so how is that an improvement on looking at the Overdue display to see what tasks you have left over from previous days (where you would at least get a sorted display by original due date)?
Well it would enable me to see these in the calendar rather than in OF, however, I understand that what I wanted can't be done so I'll have to change my workflow. Cheers

Are you syncing with the Mac application? If you are, you can select all of the now overdue actions and set the new due date for the whole batch simultaneously in the inspector. No way to do it on the iOS devices, yet.

Think of it as extra incentive to get the tasks done before you need to reschedule them :)