The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Putting projects in folders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I see how you create folders, but how do you go about getting a project into one once you create it?

On the phone, you have to create the folder first, then go into the folder and create the project there. There's no way (yet) to move stuff around after it exists.

This is gonna sound like bait and switch, but it really wasn't meant to be, honest:
If you have OmniFocus for the Mac, you can do the rearranging on your Mac and sync the changes over.

Is there a way to focus on a folder in the iPhone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
.... There's no way (yet) to move stuff around after it exists.....
Please add this as a feature request, The ability to move Projects to diff Folders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
On the phone, you have to create the folder first, then go into the folder and create the project there. There's no way (yet) to move stuff around after it exists.

This is gonna sound like bait and switch, but it really wasn't meant to be, honest:
If you have OmniFocus for the Mac, you can do the rearranging on your Mac and sync the changes over.
You should explain this in your help materials. I had the same question. Since I'm currently using only the iPhone version of the program, the folders are virtually useless without the ability to move projects in and out. Just explain it, as you did here, so there is no confusion.

And don't apologize. Just politely say that the functionality to move projects to and from folders currently exists only in the desktop version of the program.

Until a ready for prime time version of OF with syncing is available, I'm done with hours of fiddling around trying to get it to work.

For many or even most of us, from the looks of the posts, the iphone app is only useful on its own at this point.

The app is supposed to enhance getting things done. For way too many of the past 48 hour, I've gotten way less done than usual other than trying out lots of configurations of syncing that just aren't working right.

Because of so many are stuck only on the iphone app, I would recommend that the dragging into a folder functionality on the iPhone be made a pretty high priority.

I'd like to see this feature, also moving a context to a subcontext