The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Starting up without loading workspace Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Last night I was trying to upload some pictures to print to an online photo service. They use a java app for the upload that made OW (RC1) bomb.

I had the "automatically save workspace" set and now I can't startup OW since automatically tries to restore that window and bombs again.

Is there a way to start without restoring the workspace?

Or better, a way to disable java or remove that window from the workspace so that I don't lose the gazillion tabs I had open? :)

Thanks!
--
Eduardo

1. Hold shift down as you open OmniWeb will open it in a new Untitled Workspace. You could then disable Java and switch to the prior workspace to see if that stops the problem.

or

2. You can try and beat the crash by closing the page(s) before it starts to load.

or

3. Disconnect completely from the net (either unplug your modem/ethernet cable or stop Airport) launch OmniWeb and close the tab(s) for that site (nothing will load so nothing will crash OmniWeb). Reconnect and things should be fine.