The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to set dependencies on the iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not sure if this is missing and yet-to-provide on the iPad, if I just can't find it, or if was purposely left off.

I have an project that has parallel dependencies. I've added a couple of actions to it. Now, I've decided to break those actions down into more details. The first one inherited the parallel dependency of the project, and that works. On the iPad, I've defined a series of steps for the second action, and I need them to be hierarchical. I can't find where to set that on the iPad. I ended up syncing to the Mac and setting the dependency there.

So what's up with not being able to do this on the iPad -- or did I just not find the right place for it?

Chuck

The UI to control the parallel/sequential nature of action groups didn't make it into the initial release, but is planned to be added. You can give them a bit of a prod to make it happen by using the Contact Omni command in the gear menu to ask for it.

In the meantime, check out my post for details on how to work around this omission: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...4691#post84691

Thanks for the background info.
And thanks for the workaround article. It looks like I was on the same track, but after flipping back and forth between project and action a couple of times and trying to move to be within the right action a few times and going back and forth between the quick entry box and Miscellaneous, getting frustrated, giving up, starting over a couple of times ... I finally just deleted it and waited 'til I was back on my laptop and did it there.

Sounds like I just wasn't persistent enough.
Chuck