The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Linking Master Canvas items with child canvas layers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am creating a series of flowcharts and I am having trouble figuring out how to link child canvas items with Master canvas items.

I created the master canvas and another canvas which will contain 10-20 layers, each representing different pathways through a flowchart.

I'm revising the master as I go and the underlying layers are mostly arrowed lines that I want to "stick" to the magnetic edges on the Master layer.

I can't clone the master and use it as the basis for the layers because the layers and Master evolve as I go along. How do I get child canvases to link to master items? I hope this is clear, I'm on deadline and this is holding me back big time.

Dave

Never mind, I ignored the Master and base everything off of a regular layer.