The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCal synch setup Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Jeeeeshhhh.... can't find this anywhere after multiple searches on forum.

Just looking for a step-by-step instruction on setting up OmniFocus Mac to synch to the ToDo list in iCal.

I see the screen attached below.

I attempt to drag a context from the right side to the left, but nothing happens. I see the "(Unsynchronized)" note under the left side Calendar column... but what does that mean????

This stuff is usually quite intuitive, but not in this case.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like OmniFocus is unable to get a list of the other calendars on your Mac. There should be additional options in the left-hand list.

Try making an "OmniFocus" calendar in iCal on your Mac and then restarting OmniFocus - does it appear in the calendar list?

Thanks Brian. So, I now created a new calendar in iCal named "OmniFocus". I did this while OmniFocus was not running. Then launched OmniFocus... still no calendars listed on the left side - just says "(Unsynchronized)" in the Calendar list. I also went into the "sync" tab in preferences - here's what it shows. So I'm synching to my .me account just fine (and my iphone syncs via .me just fine).

Last edited by jmatz; 2010-08-06 at 07:46 AM..

iCal sync is a different code path than the OmniFocus sync, so your settings in the Sync preferences pane aren't likely to be relevant. We're syncing through a piece of OS X called Sync Services - for some reason, it looks like it can't or won't send us a list of your calendars.

Best thing to do now is probably contact our support ninjas via email so we can investigate this with you. Sorry for the trouble!

@jmatz, are you by chance using the MobileMe beta calendar? If so, that could be the problem with your calendars not showing in OmniFocus. I know other apps such as BusyCal are not currently compatible with the beta-the calendars are read-only. Other third party apps such as OmniFocus may have the same problem syncing to the beta.

I suspect the mobileme beta is the culprit - I am seeing the same thing. The mobileme beta no longer uses sync services.

I am hitting this problem as well and am also using the MobileMe calendar beta. I would like to enable this feature in OmniFocus. Could someone from the OmniFocus team comment on whether or not you might update OmniFocus to address this issue and when? If not I will look into dropping out of the MobileMe calendar beta (if this is even possible).

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillHiggins View Post
If not I will look into dropping out of the MobileMe calendar beta (if this is even possible).
BusyCal posted a nice blog post on syncing and the new MobileMe beta, including a link for 'downgrading' to the old calendar.

Now that it’s out of beta is there a way to get this to work?

Omnifocus doesn't support CalDAV at the moment. ;^(