The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

WebDAV sync problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have two possibilities for WebDAV syncing, but neither is working.

The first is through box.net. I added an OmniFocus folder to my box.net account, but when I tried to sync, OF throws up an error message that says

Unable to read document.
No root transactions found in “https://www.box.net/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus/”.

and doesn't sync. Any idea why this is happening?

My second possibility is through an account at a2hosting.com. This attempt fails at an even earlier stage with the message

untrusted server certificate

I understand this message, but every other application asks me if I want to trust the server anyway. OF doesn't.

I have to say this is pretty annoying. The application description at the App Store says "Synchronize OmniFocus with your Mac using the OS X version available separately from omnigroup.com." I took this to mean that I could sync through iTunes. I had read about MobileMe and WebDAV syncing, but I didn't think they were required.

I bought OF for the Mac recently in anticipation of OF for the iPhone. If I can't get them to sync, they're useless to me. And I don't want to get MobileMe just to sync OF.

What do you suggest?