The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

More Robust Folders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In a future version, I would love to see more robust folder support. Currently, I use folders to indicate different areas of focus. I would like to have a note field for each of the folders which might contain information or links to pertinent information that might support that area of focus.

Another request, but less important is to have the ability to add colors to folders in the same way you can in the finder.

I'll file a feature request.

Thoughts?

Steve

Hey Steve. Good to hear from you again. Hope you're doing well and your summer is off to a good start. :-)

As for your feature request, I was thinking the exact same thing just a couple days ago. For me, the ability to add notes to a folder would be particularly useful. But the color labels would be handy too.

I haven't sent in any feedback yet, but I will. I think this feature would be an excellent addition.

-Dennis

Hey Dennis,

I definitely need to carve out some breaks to get the summer feeling. I have started keeping my support material in devonthink, so it would be very useful to link to a particular database or files that support the area of focus. Are you still keeping all of your project notes in the notes field?

Send me an email if you want to grab some coffee or start a San Jose meet up to compare systems. My system has been functioning at 60% and I'm trying to clean it up and make it more functional.

Steve

Please mark me down as another user who would find folder notes & folder colors useful.

OmniFocus has become my master to do list. One major improvement in my mind would be the ability to keep permanent notes with respect to permanent life areas (and thus permanent folders), such as log-in codes or personnel notes. Currently, I create an "action" called permanent, and then make notes under that.

Also, would like to add a color to a particular folder label. Instead of making a reminder to review a folder, I can quickly (visually) remind myself of X item(s) by coding something with Y color.

Andrea

That is a good workaround which I will adopt until the feature request is implemented. Please "send feedback" to the developers which you will find under the help pulldown menu.

Thanks,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Are you still keeping all of your project notes in the notes field?
Yes, I keep most of my project notes in my OmniFocus note fields (sometimes in projects and sometimes in the actions themselves). I've found the Finder and Spotlight to be sufficient for all supporting reference material, which I then just link in to OmniFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Send me an email if you want to grab some coffee or start a San Jose meet up to compare systems.
Sure, sounds like fun! In fact, I'll post a thread on the forum to see if anyone else might be interested in another Bay Area OmniFocus gathering.

-Dennis