The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Won't Remember MobileMe Password Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm coming back to OmniFocus after trying one of the other products and really missing the ability to sync with the cloud. I've got OmniFocus on my Mac and iPhone and will be buying the iPad app this weekend.

Since re-installing OmniFocus about a month ago I am having a constant problem getting it to remember my MobileMe password. I've got it setup to sync via MobileMe iDisk and the sync works great between my iPhone and Mac, so obviously the connection works. But every single time it wants to sync on the Mac I have to enter my MobileMe username and password.

Yes- I've clicked the box that says add to keychain.

I've trashed my OF prefs - no good. I've gone through and run Keychain first aid - no problems found. I've trashed every MobileMe related entry in my Keychain to start fresh - nothing. As soon as I enter my MobileMe password in OF the first time it re-creates the idisk.me.com entry in my keychain, but then every time OF tries to sync it asks me for my username and password.

It's really quite annoying.

Any help?

- Katie

Just guessing (I don't sync) but are you picking "always allow" when it asks; or, do you have a timeout on the unlocked keychain?

If Lucas's suggestions don't help, you might try contacting the support ninjas (Help --> Send Feedback). The ninjas are the best in the business and have probably seen this before.

Curt

I wonder if your Keychain is set to automatically "lock" after a certain period.

If you want the Keychain to lock automatically after a period of time, you can do the following:

Within Keychain Access select "Change Keychain Settings" from under the Edit menu.
Result: The Change Keychain Settings window shown below appears.
Check the options Lock after x minutes of inactivity and/or Lock when sleeping.
Result: Depending on your selections, the Keychain will lock after a certain number of minutes and/or when the computer goes to sleep.

Does changing this setting have any effect on the behavior you are seeing?