The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

open links in background Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm sure this is something I'm just overlooking but how do I open links in the background? Thanks!

rc

Are you talking about OmniWeb, or OmniFocus?

OmniWeb will open a link in a new tab in the background if you command-click on the link. If you right-click (or control-click) on the link, you'll get a popup menu that offers a number of choices for how to open the link.

If you click on a link in OmniFocus, either the link is handed to an external browser (most links) or opened in a new window in OmniFocus (if the link is a link to an OmniFocus project or action), but there's no notion of doing it in the background.

Referring to OmniFocus. So for example if I'm in Safari and save a page to OmniFocus using Quick Entry it will save a link right? I do this a lot and when I'm in OmniFocus and I want to go back and review all of these links I was hoping there was a way to open in background so that I could go to Safari with all the opened links, instead of every time I click a link in OmniFocus it switches to Safari and I have to keep going back and forth. In many apps Command-click does this but it doesn't seem to work in OmniFocus. So there is no way? Thanks for the help!

Got it. No, no way to do that of which I am aware, and while I agree that OmniFocus makes a handy URL capture widget, opening a bunch of them at once is a bit counter to the notion of focusing on one thing and completing it which would seem to be OmniFocus' raison d'être, no? However, if you think that would be a welcome enhancement, use Help→Send Feedback from inside OmniFocus to make a feature request.

Sounds great thanks! :-)