The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Way to show only red colored tasks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
1] I can't figure out how to show just the tasks colored in red. Current perspective set up as (from left to right in the filters):

REMAINING FOLDER UNSORTED NEXT ACTION ANY DURATION ANY FLAG STATE

I see text in red, purple, gray & blue. I just want to see the red stuff.

2] Also the first tasks in my "on hold" projects (which I am using for my Someday/Maybe lists) are showing up (in gray text) in my next actions list. How do I stop seeing the first action on a "on hold" project - perhaps there's another way to set up my Someday/Maybe lists?

Try (in context mode, not planning mode): Remaining Due Due Remaining Any Any

Assuming that your tasks colored in red are the overdue tasks (the default).

Thanks Chris for this - I thought I had tried that combo but this is exactly what I wanted. Still trying to get the hang of OF.
Cheers

How did you make the different colours?
I just have one colour for overdue and today and another for tomorrow etc.

By default, red is overdue, orange is due "soon", purple is "next actions", blue is an available item in a "single actions" project, where there is no single "next action".

So how do I make something a Next Action? I have a few projects with no purple at all (but lots of red in other tasks!!!!!!)

The first available action in a sequential or parallel project is, by definition, the next action. It will be colored purple unless it is due soon or overdue, in which case it will be colored orange or red. Lists of single actions are special: in them, every action is next and they are colored blue.

To see your next actions, use the View Bar: in the pop-up menu for action status, choose "Next Action" (in either Planning or Context mode).

If you have a project that has actions but no next action, then it is somehow blocked: either none of the actions is available (in a parallel project) or the first action is blocked (in a sequential project).