The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > Kinkless Getting Things Done
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deferred actions not syncing properly Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have created a "waiting+" and "someday maybe+" context. When I'm in the Inbox and select one of these new contexts and then click sync, the item remains in the Inbox. Nothing is added to the Deferred section either.

What am I doing wrong?

You need to assign them to a project - even if it is just the "!Single Tasks" project to get them to Sync out of the Inbox.

I have found that nothing leaves the inbox on synch without a project assigned. However, you can drag an item to a context in the actions section (even the wrong context) and on the next synch it will go to the proper context in actions. You can also drag something from the inbox to deferred and it will stay there after synching - but it is a little tricky to drag and drop - sometimes it winds up making another section equal to "Actions" and "Deferred." I too would like to know how to mark something in the inbox so it would automatically move to deferred on the next synch.