The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Trusted "Do" list. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I keep playing with and changing the options for my "Do" perspective, in an attempt to get one I'm comfortable with and trust, but haven't got there yet.

Currently it's set like this:

I flag stuff I want to work on today in my daily review, then switch to this perspective.

But I'm not entirely happy with it. I'd really like to be able to select my current context in the sidebar, then work down the list from top to bottom, whereas currently I end up looking up and down the list, and procrastinating because nothing stands out as the obvious first thing to do.

The system I used to run (pre GTD) had me selecting actions to do today from a very inefficient list, then arranging them in the order I wanted to work on them. It was a bad system, other than the fact that I did have a list I could work down.

I don't really know why I'm not trusting my OF "Do" list yet. Am I setting the projects up wrongly in the first place so I don't actually trust OF's choice of next action (that's why I'm not showing next action currently), or have I just not yet come up with the correct view of the list? Should I be grouping it?

What do others do?

Mark

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-08-29 at 07:55 AM..